Only a few short weeks ago, I was wondering when our little boy would come into the world. I was anxious about the delivery and if I would be able to be a good mom to this little person. Eric continued to be a listening ear and encouraging voice, reminding me that the Lord was in control.
Boy, I couldn't have imagined the depth of how the Lord would show that he was sovereign over our lives. After a visit to see our new niece on Feb. 8th, we joked about how it would be funny if we ended up back at the hospital to deliver while Carrie and George were there. At 6a.m. Feb. 9th, we headed into triage at Northwestern's Prentice Women's Hospital. And the doctor assured us that we would be meeting our little boy that day!
At 2:28p.m. (only 22 hours after our niece, Esther, was born), Timothy David Hufford made his way into the world. I won't share all the labor details (you can call me if you really want to know), but let's just say that 30 minutes of pushing is not bad! Dr. Kelsey said that I had a second delivery labor. :)
We've been home now for two weeks today. Eric has been back at work for about a week and a half. Some days seem longer than others, and I find so much joy when Eric comes home! We've been blessed by meals from church friends and family, and Eric has been on a baking kick - homemade bread and pizza and burritos. And we enjoyed an at home date last night with Sweet Mandy B's cupcakes. :)
We are amazed at how beautiful God has made this whole process and how he formed Timothy to be especially who he is.
Here are a couple highlights:
*2/9: Lips quivered when I held Timothy for the first time
*2/12: Smiles after he has a full belly
*2/16: 1st time to read "Go, Dog! Go!"
*2/18: 1st walk with Timothy to Stella (coffee shop)
*2/20: Timothy almost "fired" poo at Eric while was changing him
*2/24: At his two week appt, he weighed 8lbs 15oz!!
*He only likes to be swaddled when he is too tired to notice. :)
*He likes to pee out of his diaper. We are constantly changing his clothes. I'm not sure how the washing is going to go once we start using cloth diapers. Yikes!
*More pictures to come!
yay! i'm so excited to hear things are going well for you! and i'm super excited that you're using cloth diapers!! i'm so jealous. i want to so bad, but i know i do not have the patience for that. they are too cute for words though.
ReplyDelete