Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy 1st of July!

*No pictures on this post; need to find the cord to put pictures on the computer.

I love July for many reasons. It's finally officially summer here! They're even calling for 90s today, and I don't mind. July has my favorite holiday - THE 4TH!! I love the cookouts and fireworks and the occasional Sox game! And most importantly, it's my husband's birthday month! Woo! (I love birthdays, too.)

Not too much has been happening since the move. Yes, I know, I gotta get pictures up of the new place. We're 95% unpacked and even have paint samples on the walls. Yay! Mr. T has been loving the outdoors whether it's at the "beach", our kiddie pool, playgrounds, he's in! And I have a love/hate relationship with his adventurous spirit. I love it cause he's so willing to go anywhere, but I dislike it cause he wants to go everywhere. Even yesterday after a frazzling trip to Whole Foods, I was carrying him, his bag, pizza, and brown paper bag to our house from the car. He was trying to escape up our neighbors stairs and as I was running after him, the paper bag broke...that's the hate part of this chaos.

Hopefully, I can be better about posting pictures for the grandparents this month.

Currently I'm reading A Red Herring without Mustard, and I leave you with a quote the speaker says about her father: "We no more understood his world than he did ours. His was a world of confetti: a brightly colored universe of royal profiles and scenic views on sticky bits of paper..."

2 comments:

  1. i JUST posted a similar love/hate of the adventurous boy spirit when combined with daily life. and then i come here and what do you know?! i'm not alone and neither are you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no! I can't believe the paper bag busted! =( And your quote made me think really hard. Still not sure I get it, what is that book? It sounds cool! 95% unpacked is crazy good! Good work! Always impressed by you ms. kristine =)

    ReplyDelete