Cayden is two plus a little extra at this point. Last year, one year felt like an accomplishment with two. This second year feels like this is normal. That some of the struggles of having two are just what we do. That's not to say it's not hard sometimes but with age comes growth (for both boys). Some of the ease of Cayden's second year is due to Timothy's maturity and growth - things like I only have to buckle Cayden in the car because Tim can buckle himself. :) Only one pair of shoes to put on (unless it's tie sneakers) because Tim can squeeze his on. Clothes, bathroom business taken care of on his own...I think you get the point. I guess this allows me some of those small moments as Tim runs out the door to the car alone with Cade to pour into him through the little things. After the small tantrum of getting up to the changing table, we can talk or sing or he can tell me about things he sees in his books - just the two of us. Moments alone with a second aren't as often as a first but I think I realize how special they are when the come. And when you have a first who enjoys staying home, there are evening trips to the store alone with Cade. I like those moments.
Every day Cayden is talking more. And he's surprises us when he communicates so clearly. I hope he's not offended by us laughing; our brains sometimes can't handle how cute it is that he is talking with understanding. Tim was our guitar man, but Cayden is all singer.
Some of my favorite words are...
*Bluebell = doorbell or belly button
*Byebye Sodo = byebye I don't know your name
*Paha = Pasta
He also says "Stay in bed" after we finish songs at night time because he's transitioning to a big bed...in Tim's room! I'm not going into detail here (maybe another post in five years), but it's actually happening. They've had two nights sleeping together and are split up around 5/6a in the morning while Cayden finishes sleeping in the crib. (Like today, he's still asleep at 9:10a and Tim was up at 6a.) He is like his mama in that aspect - we like sleeping in. He hasn't given up late morning sleeping in, and he's still napping about 90% of the time. He'll take a rest occasionally where he just talks, yells, sings, lays until brother wakes up. (Ironic how my four year old naps when Cade's not napping...)
Cayden is a more tender child. He cries easily when hurt physically or emotionally. He runs to mama saying "hurt" looking for a kiss and confirming it's "bedder" (better) once receiving one. Makes me smile and melts my heart.
He adores his brother and tries to do nearly everything Tim does. They don't need any other toys than trains, duplos, and books. Throw in a semi-truck and they are peachy. One of my favorite moments they share is reading books in the crib which has recently transferred over to the new bed my grandpa built. (A big shout out to my Grandpa Buck who built them a beautiful bunk bed with a roll out trundle-type bed.) Cayden wishes this was a trampoline but I'd rather not visit the ER. While a great napper at home, it's rare he will sleep in the car. And it's only 40min if he does vs. his 1.5-3.5hr crib naps.
"Watch show" is what he says for TV time. He really likes Cat in the Hat, Thomas, and Daniel Tiger these days. And his favorite book is "Go! Go! Go! Stop!" and he yells out Go and Stop when reading it together or alone.
He calms easily when left with people and is fearless when it comes to the park! He'll climb to the highest spot and slide down the biggest slides. And he looks like a tiny guy doing it. He loves being outside or inside. He does like to tempt his fate by pushing the boundaries and running his tyke cars toward the street. Whenever there is a dog outside, he's anxious to touch it. His love for dogs is seriously trying to convince me to get a dog...
He's picky but will randomly surprise us by eating the broccoli he's refused for months. BUT the boy can eat when he wants the food selection. I am told often that I have good eaters. I usually just see them stuffing food in their faces. :) He likes to use utensils but is easily frustrated when it's not doing what he wants - getting the food into his mouth! Last year, he didn't mind getting wiped down after meals - he hates it now. I've cut out much of his dairy intake as it seems to inflame his running nose and congestion. And after ear infections, tubes, and two round of pneumonia, we do not need anything encouraging mucus.
We are blessed with our two boys. I'm so used to boys, what will I ever do if we one day have a girl?? (No, I'm not pregnant.)
Year two stats:
Weight: 31lbs
Height: 33"
No comments:
Post a Comment