And now, the tides are changing...just a bit. We are welcoming another member into our family. He/She may be another engineer or teacher, or maybe even a firefighter, dancer, composer, doctor, IT guy, or receptionist. We're not sure with him/her being only 7 and 1/2 weeks old. We're mostly just concerned about our little "peanut" growing up to be a healthy little baby!
Our peanut (our loving name for our baby) has a flickering little heartbeat, and, according to the books I'm reading, this week he/she has a mouth and tongue and even little kidney's. We have been praying that our little one is growing just as they should.
For those of you who are wondering, I have been feeling remarkably well. Much better than I ever expected to be! I have stronger scene of smell and have loved eating peanuts and raisins. Surprisingly, I have not wanted even a nibble of chocolate. I've been giving our little peanut a personality before he/she even born: "The baby wants it." "The baby is tired." Eric recently made me laugh by saying, "Are you sure it's not just you?" How am I supposed to know? It very well might be the baby! :)
We are excited about our baby that is on the way. Eric has been extremely supportive, encouraging, and extra sweet as he cares for us. I am scared of all the changes to come physically, emotionally, and relationally. But Eric gently reminded me that while we weren't planning this, obviously God had a plan for us; therefore, he will continue to take care of us and continue to show his faithfulness (which we have seen thus far).
Thanks for joining us along the journey!
No comments:
Post a Comment