Thursday, March 18, 2010

March

Timothy and I have been soaking up the Spring like weather in Chicago this week! We've taken many walks, and yesterday was our first trek to the library. He is super chill as we walk and many times falls asleep.

Highlights:
*Peekaboo - Just today I played peekaboo with Timothy. He just kept staring at me. :) Maybe in the future he'll give me smile or coo in response. For now, I love that he interacts with me through his beautiful eyes.
*Laughing - Yesterday I overheard Timothy give what sounded like a laugh while he was sleeping. I wonder what he was thinking about. :) (Maybe it was just passing gas, but I like to think otherwise.)
*Squeak Sound - As Eric and I drove home from Costco (we're kinda obsessed with that place), Timothy let out a squeak sound. Imagine a squeaky toy being squeezed and that's what we heard. We couldn't help but laugh. Eric asked me to check and make sure he was breathing. :) He was. :)
*Tummy Time - While he dislikes it a majority of the time, today he laid on my chest and did such a great job lifting up his head. He's a strong boy!
*Weight - Get ready for this! At his four week appt, he weighed...10lbs. 14oz! That's more than 3 pounds from his birth weight! Our little big boy! :)

As for me, I mentioned before that I hoped for a happy ending to "Shanghai Girls." Well...the main character (Pearl) continued to experience heartbreak. And there wasn't a "happy ending" rather an opening for a sequel to the book. As I wait for the second book to come out, I picked up another Lisa See book, "Peony in Love." Hopefully, this one won't be as tragic. :)

Eric is busy with Share on Moody Radio Chicago today. He's had the opportunity to engineer and produce - a nice change to the day-to-day events.

We're looking forward to our Easter trip down to Tennessee. And we'll see how we do on our first road trip with our little one. :) My guess is that we'll having the car packed to the max!


1 comment: