Friday, April 9, 2010

April

Confession: Eric and I officially have too many shows we enjoy watching. :)

Presently, we are only "committed" to two: 24 and Lost (which someone recently pointed out were two intense shows).

One we watch occasionally - Parenthood (quite hysterical and true to real life)

And starting soon...Glee and Lie to Me

(This doesn't include House which we have dropped.)

Conclusion: We cannot do it all. (And thank goodness we don't have cable.)

*Thankfully, we desire to spend quality time together, and that overrules TV. If we can't watch even our two "committed" shows, we don't despair. I appreciate how we don't sacrifice our family or friend relationships for a show. And this gives us something to watch when they're showing re-runs over the summer. :)

:)

On a more serious note, I have started a devotional which focuses on living a life of simplicity. I have been challenged to repent over the desire for "stuff" or desire for what other have (coveting) and to ask the Lord for help to remember the abundant blessings and provisions that he has made for us. As I look even just around our home, I think, "How can I not see the Lord's hand over our family?" Each day is a reminder of the Lord's goodness to us.

And at Small Group, I'm reminded of the hope we have through Christ's resurrection. Wow, do I have so much to be thankful for!
-Salvation
-Loving Family
-Warm Home
-Sweet Baby
-Genuine Friends

My prayer: "Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, 'Who is the Lord?' Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God." Pro 30:8-9

*Check on facebook for recent pictures (it's easier to upload there). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment