Some beach, somewhere...
Yes. That would be nice. Any time I hear that song (sorry if you don't like country music; it's grown on my since leaving the south), I think of my mother. And today I have been thinking and talking about her a lot today. While being one of my very best friends, she is a hero of mine. She took unfavorable circumstances of a teen pregnancy and rose above all expectations for her. She didn't sacrifice my well-being for her selfish gain; yet, in turn, she gave so much of her time, energy, money, youth...so that I could be offered a remarkable life. If she can be a mother when the world is against her, I can surely be a mother today! (And I have her to walk this road with me - what a treasure!) And our distance won't be so far when we gather our family together this weekend. I didn't realize how much I've been looking forward to this time with my family until I said, "Wow, only five days till I get to see them again!" I am blessed.
~
Mr. T is now eating carrots and peas! He does like to bang on the highchair table. I'm unsure of whether it's frustration because he can't hold the spoon or if it's pure excitement or if he'd rather be playing. But I've been introducing baby signing to him (like 'more,' 'please,' and 'all done'), and he seems to calm as I gently say, "No. Would you like more, please?" As I model for him and help him with the signs, he tends to calm down and open his mouth for more food. What a sweet moment that is.
*Bananas to be added this week! And then, we get to show Grandma, Grandpa, and Aunt H all our new tricks.
it's nice to be reminded that we CAN do it as others have before, under different, more difficult circumstances. i need to remember when it seems like the crying won't end that it WILL pass.
ReplyDelete