It's been a pretty low key week here. Lots of chilling around the house, a few visits to the libraries (yes, intentionally plural), and friends.
Mondays have lately been "recoop from the weekend" days. We normally just hang out at home, maybe take a trip to the park, or a walk around our house. It's nice. And I don't mind and Tim doesn't seem to either.
This week brought some sweet moments of lunch with a friend and walking together afterward with the boys. And if you are in or ever in Chicago, this place is worth checking out: http://www.noheacafe.com/. Delicious sandwiches and homemade chips.
Last month marked our year anniversary with our baby group. Do you know how sweet it is for your children to practically know other kids for their whole lives? And do you know how precious it is to a mom to have friends who are accepting and non-judgmental? It's priceless and a sanity keeper.
We're starting to do more baking and soups now that our weather is turning more and more like Fall. And I don't think the family minds.
And lastly, one other sweet moment of our week has been my husband busting out the guitar a couple nights this week. I enjoy his playing, but I think the real joy here is watching Timothy's utter amazement and thrill watching him play the guitar. The saddest part is when the guitar gets put away. Tim's so upset. And the little guitar I bought for $2 at a consignment sale is helping to easy the pain...but only so much. :)
Here's a glimpse of their time together:
so adorable playing together!
ReplyDeletealways thankful for our friendship and our group. our boys are best buds!!