Monday, February 25, 2013

Timothy is Three

Three years ago I held my first born in my arms, the first night we snuggled with him.

And tonight, I snuggled him (just a little cause it's "too tight mommy"), kissed him, and wished him happy birthday one more time.

We've been talking about and getting ready for today to come by talking about it and preparing decorations and food. (Yesterday started annual festivities of breakfast and a visit to the radio station. Last Year.) And today has been very rewarding to see SO MUCH excitement from my three year old.

When he woke up, I said "Happy Birthday!" which led to him asking me if it was February 9th and if he was three. Yes and yes. :) The morning was a sweet time with just our boys, and the construction duplos (legos) were a hit. He played with them for quite some time before screaming erupted at the arrival of the Hufford grandparents. Screaming! Then, running back and forth...still screaming.

We enjoyed brunch a small brunch party where we ate too many cinnamon rolls and the kids played (forgot to do the craft...ooops). It concluded with a 2.5hr nap. And the afternoon was spent chilling and Zingo Bingo and Skyping with family.

This evening he was up, speaking loudly, "Mommy and Daddy, I'm sleeping." We are blessed beyond our wildest dreams to have Timothy in our lives.




1 comment:

  1. i love him with his duplos!! i'm still so sad we missed the party :(

    -h3b "a"

    ReplyDelete