Sunday, March 24, 2013

Cayden 10mo!

This 10th month has been a huge month of milestones!

He is officially crawling everywhere and super speedy fast. He's rarely down for the army crawl - crazy to think I thought that would never end. And he's mastered the art of pulling up and started doing a little cruising around those items he's standing up with. I've even caught him a few times one handed standing. Geez. Okay, just be a baby, Cayden! His favorite standing place is still Tim's chair at the dining table.

Written on 3/11/13: As of late, his second nap of the day has had some protesting. Sometimes it takes upwards of 30mins for him to settle himself; this may include crying, talking, rolling around, laying there. I sometimes go back in to comfort him by rocking him in my arms and singing to him (so thankful for the sweet memories as a child of my mother doing this for me). And once I put him back down, he's usually down within 5mins. However, today I hear screaming. Not just crying, but screaming like he is in pain. A bit concerning for me! What did I find when I went in there? Him standing in his crib. :) While I've seen him more recently pulling up on anything that will support his weight, I've never seen him any higher than on his knees in bed. The poor kid can't figure out how to get back down. He's tired, he's cranky, and he is ANGRY! I know the doctor would say to just let him cry and figure out how to go back down, but it's so hard when you feel bad for them. And when he's crying...a lot. :(

I noticed two new teeth break through (maybe the incisors?) pop through on the 15th. He didn't seem particularly fussy this week, but he does this funny scrunching up his nose thing around the time new teeth come in. And one of the big top ones and a bottom one are coming through. Who knew I could have started this month with barely two teeth and have six by the end of the month (those four new ones have just broken through - no pictures of those yet).

And we've heard him say things like, "yay" when asked if he wants more food and "all" for when asked if he's all done. One time Tim and I thought he said, "all dahn." :) He still isn't very good at signing "more" but he sure knows "all done" and gives a big grin when he is.

He's clapping!! With a little encouragement like "Yay! Cayden!" he'll start clapping. One time I said that, and he shook his head 'no' and then started clapping. :)

He typically sleeps around 11hrs these days - but don't talk too soon. He'll probably wake up at 3am tonight just to remind me he still wakes up in the middle of the night sometimes.







No comments:

Post a Comment