Monday, March 18, 2013

So impressed!

For My Records (Timothy at just over three - 37mo)

Children are amazing! And they learn extremely quickly. For Timothy, his learning is enhanced by songs. He's learned how to spell his name (minus the 'I') and all of Cayden's name just by a jingle. He can figure out the name 'Esther' by sight or hearing the letters spelled out. 

This morning, he sang all the months of the year. The months of the year?! Yes! It was crazy! I'm one impressed mama. 

As for some other areas I'm blown away by: 

-He counts successfully to 14, skips 15, and 16 finishes off the counting. 

-He knows Sunday - Wednesday in order but needs help with the rest. 

-He identifies most of the uppercase letters and some lowercase. He identifies numbers up to 13 (although 12 is a little foggy). 

We are doing nothing special other than making silly songs and showing him letters he asks about. I continue to be so caught off guard and surprised by this little guy. I tell him that God has given him such a good memory and smart brain. I think that is the root! 

*Hours after I posted this: He sang his name song with the I!! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment