Monday, December 28, 2015

Since Week 21 Journal

I have fully embraced that we are having a girl! I mean I guess as much as I can without her actually being here. We've received new cloth diapers in pinks and purples, clothes have been handed down and gifted (and gone through with the "How pretty!" and "This is crazy!" and lots of laughter at animal prints and too many ruffles), and we are scouring the internet for a name for this little girl. 

The boys have also gotten used to the idea of sister. Tim constantly tells me how excited he is for the baby to come and Cade is currently "carrying" two baby boys. ;)

While I'm still tired, there has been some respite from the exhaustion - and I've had a lot of help from my family being in for Thanksgiving and Eric being off the whole week of Christmas; such a blessing!! My kids definitely did not have the gourmet meals dad has been making lately this morning. ;) And the boys and I got colds so I was glad to not be dealing with the exhaustion during those weeks. My lack of appetite and periods of nausea continue to linger around unexpectedly in these later weeks. And thankfully only in this last 28th week have I start to feel achy/sore from the growing belly and stretching hips. (Note: Which is very very different from previous pregnancies where I had hip problems from the early weeks on till delivery.) *I passed my glucose test! 

She sure is an active little babes. When the thought "Has she been moving lately?" crosses my mind, all it takes it a little water and sitting or laying down for her to start up her dance party. She feels long as she pushes into my ribs and hips at the same time. And there have been multiple "Ouch!" from me that startle Eric as she physically hurts me. The other evening, it felt like she was pushing my hips apart from each other. And turning in the night...well, it's pretty much my least favorite thing right now. It's where those ligaments just plain hurt. 

I'm really really trying to enjoy this time, and yet there are moments of "These weeks just feel so long..." I keep praying that God would remind me of the gift of being able to carry this babes. She is so treasured and so loved and she doesn't even know it. 

Until next time...Kristine wk28 day5


No comments:

Post a Comment