Well, it has been quite a while since I last wrote and feel like it's "that time" again. :)
I'm having a little trouble remembering what has happened over the last month or so, so I'm grabbing my calendar for a look. (Walking to pick up the calendar)
I can start with the past couple days:
*Monday and Tuesday I spent the day with the Quibells. As I helped them pack for their move to Portland, I tried not to think about the fact that I do not know when I will see them again. I have high hopes that we can take a trip out to visit...I just don't know when. :( I, also, tried to think about the goodness of the time I was having with them and not what I was ultimately going to have to say "goodbye" to. :( Okay...enough about that; I'm getting teary-eyed.
*Today, Timothy and I have been at home! Yay! We need some down time after being out the last couple days. I did get a chance to make some banana bread for our enjoyment and (hopefully) the enjoyment of our friends who having willingly offered to watch baby Timothy tonight. Eric and I will be heading to one of our favorite bakeries in the area - Cafe Selmarie. http://www.cafeselmarie.com/ (It looks so fancy on their website. We usually just sit by the window, look out at the plaza area, and pleasantly talk about life or reminisce. This is where Eric and I went on our first date and where he proposed.)
So far this month, we have celebrated three birthdays, two weddings, and two graduations. For one of the weddings, Eric's parents came to watch Timothy, and we went out on our first date since he was born. What a wonderful evening! And he was great for his grandparents!
Upcoming: Our trip to TN for Hannah's 12th birthday! I'm super excited about time to spend with family and friends but a little nervous about flying alone with Timothy.
A couple things I just found out if you are flying with an infant:
*They will need some form of identification, either a copy of their birth certificate or shot record.
*They get no extra check-in baggage, but you can check-in their stroller at the gate. (This is only for a "lap child."
*You can call the day of to see if their are extra seats on your flight. If there are, you can bring your infant car seat on the flight with you, and your baby can have a seat.
*If you want to buy a seat for them, southwest (and possibly other airlines) have infant fares. By the time I checked into this, his "infant fare" was more than I paid for my fare. :)
So, I'm sure there will be more to come about our flying experience and our TN trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment