Really. It is. :) And as of Sunday, I'm officially in the Christmas spirit. My husband has even been more cheerful about Christmas this year (not always the most exciting time for him - super busy at work).
(You can stop reading now if you don't want to read me ramble on. No offense taken.)
Prior to Sunday, I was feeling a bit "bah-hum-bug" ish. Not sure why, but every time I turned on the "Holiday Lite" I quickly changed the dial. I didn't even want to do any Christmas shopping but knew I better before I was rushing out with the crowd. But after a successful Borders trip and a little openness to Christmas music, I'm all a joy about the holiday. I even made a count down to Christmas! And bought some wooden ornaments to decorate with our friends, the Counts children. I'm also looking forward to sugar cookie cut-outs and heading home for time with family and my grandmother's wassail.
Lest I forget though, what a perfect time to be reminded of the true gift that came this time of year, Jesus. And what life he has brought AND the hope of life after death. Sweet reminders. At our church, we just began to go through the book of Matthew, and it's so apropo to this season (and yet, to our whole life).
Last year at this time, I was imagining what this year with our little one (who still didn't have a name at 7.5 months) would be like and if he would fit into the 9mo Christmas outfit that our friends Ang and Stac had bought for him. While it was SO cute, I'm really glad I returned it since most of Timbo's clothes are 12-18mo. One friend nicknamed him 'the truck'. I can't believe he's crawling like nobody's business and pulling up on everything! And we might just have the two front teeth for Christmas (he's got two, just a little of centered though with one being a "lateral incisor"; yes, I did just look up the name of that online!).
Well, as usual, he's up from a nap, and I'm cut short. I think tonight we're putting up the Christmas Tree, so the pictures are to come! Oh yeah, WE GOT SNOW TODAY!
u know, Kristin, I've been reading for a minute, and I never stopped to let you know that. I might sound like a creeper, but I like to follow along on occasion to know that you are all doing well. We love you and we pray for you!
ReplyDeletePeace EZ and happy holidays
so glad you got into the spirit! can't wait to see epics of your tree - i bet timothy loves it!
ReplyDelete