Wednesday, January 5, 2011

3rd Anniversary

I realize it's been over a month since I last wrote, and I know that I need to get some pictures up of our Christmas. I will get to this (hopefully) within the week. We've been trying to get settled back after two family Christmases and traveling.

As for today, I just wanted to give a shout out to my husband. We've been married three years today, and I know that I am all the better of a woman because of him. I've learned more about patience and grace from him than I ever could have expected. I've realized he's so funny and intelligent and doesn't mind investing time to learn a new trade. He helps me remember that each day is a blessing and not to dwell on what's not "perfect" or hasn't gone the way I planned. He is willing to try crazy food I make and lends encouragement when I say, "I just need affirmation." And what a pleasant surprise to see him as a father. We never could have expected what it would be like to be parents, but he's rockin' it out. (One of the sweetest moments of my day is when Eric turns the lock on the door, and Mr. T goes bolting on all fours to see Dada. He follows Dada while he washes his hands and waits to be swept up and hugged by Dada. They are quite buddies. I almost don't exist to Timothy when Dada gets home.)

So here's to you, my love. May we keep on loving and living in the joy and blessing of this marriage!

4 comments:

  1. yay! happy anniversary! i can't wait to see you again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great picture of you two!! hope you had a wonderful anniversary! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks you guys! we had a great date night - two peaceful hours at dinner! who does that?! :)

    ReplyDelete