Tuesday, April 24, 2012

journal weeks thirty five and thirty six

wk. 35: (days 1&2) A little more eventful than the previous weeks with our hospital visit. 35wk Hospital Visit 
(days 4&5) My night sleep has been greatly reduced due to contractions with every move and actually being woken by the little guy. Any extra daily movement (like standing up from sitting) tends to bring on a contraction, and baby boy is sitting very low. I know that every day counts in this little guy's development, but I pray that I would have endurance if this is how the next four weeks are going to be. I notice, too, how Timothy has needed us and is easily turned to melt downs after our hospital visit.
(day 7) Fortunately and unfortunately, another night of three hour intense contractions (and for the first time including cramping and baby bearing down - all normal at this point), my follow up visit concluded with no more progression and "It might just be like this for the next couple weeks. Sorry." I tried to go into the appointment remembering that I was at 3cm for two weeks with Timothy, but as your body aches through this phase you hope for at least some progress to have been made - that all that "work" wasn't in vain. So, it's difficult to not be a tiny bit discouraged. And I just don't want to be exhausted before the baby even comes; I know there will be enough of that on the other side. But I try to remember every day at this point is very important for growth and development and makes a big difference for our little guy, and I of course want him to be super strong and healthy. So, please continue to pray with me that I can have the stamina to make it the days/weeks ahead. (Praise: No Strep B like last pregnancy.)
Thanks for all your support and love!

wk. 36: (day 1&2) Wonderful night's sleep without contractions, two big chunks of sleep. Still some contractions; you know, it sometimes just feels like I'm breathing heavier, and then I notice that my lower belly is contracting. Better be thankful for less pain. :) (somewhere in the middle of this week) Doing okay; so wonderful to have my husband home over the weekend. He's totally stepped in to pretty much do everything and be super accommodating to my pregnant-ness. And our small group and friends have been right there with us, helping more than we know how to say thank you for. I think we're going to make it to May. :)  
(day 7)  Doctor visit went well. Nothing to report, and today I'm actually feeling some energy (even with lack of sleep).

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there! You are doing great! Let us know of you need anything. So impressed with your blog. So awesome that you document so much.

    ReplyDelete