We recently attending an ice cream social & talent show one of the churches here was putting on. Our friends were going, so we tagged along. What we didn't know is there was HOMEMADE ice cream and hotdogs (wow, I just typed hotgods...) and strangely hilarious talent not limited to but including bagpipes! Beyond the talent, Tim kept yelling out that he wanted to participate. It went like this:
Host: So, who's up next?
Tim: Me!!!
Host: Who'd like to go next?
Tim: I want to!!
A little awkward when they've never met him and when it's quite and he yells it out. But they were very kind and encouraged us to let him join in the fun. After a little girl sang something along the lines of "God, do you hear me?" (yes, that was it) Tim was invited to come up. After an introduction to our family and Tim chatting it up with the host (our friend), he was asked what he'd like to do.
Tim: I'm going to sing 'La, la." (David Barnes song Little Lies)
Host: You're going to sing what?
Tim: La la.
Host: Go for it!
Tim (singing): La la
Then, he looks wide-eyed and realizes everyone is looking and awkwardly walks back to us. The crowd went wild with cheers and laughter. Now, typically he'll sing the whole chorus and even bust out a few verses, but this day, he was literal. La la.
So there you go. I leave you with this - la la.
No comments:
Post a Comment