Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Things I've learned...

...from moving. Been kinda MIA here, but I'm sure part of the reason (or at least I'm blaming it on this) is that we bought a house and have moved. :) We've been in our new home! for a whole five days if you count our move in day. And here are some lessons we've learned:

*Have your water turned on before you move in. Through a series of misunderstanding, we didn't have water for the first two days living here. Thank the Lord our only friends here live just six doors down and let us shower there.
*It's nice to have "peaceful" areas. Areas where you can go when you don't want to look at boxes. We had a new bedding set, thanks mom and dad!, and it felt so nice to set that up right away.
*Putting the kitchen away was a blessing. We had been eating out so much I just felt nice to cook again (and know where everything was instead of searching through boxes).
*Sometimes I don't see anyone all day. We live in a small town on a primarily elderly resident street. This is okay for now. Not sure long term how that will be.
*After the chaos of having to say goodbye to nearly everything that is familiar is difficult. But our schedule had been so packed those last couple weeks, it actually feels nice to have no commitments.
*Tell people you are new when you go places. They can be very helpful with information about shops/places around or within driving distance.
*I don't love all the dogs who live nearby and bark seemingly all-the-time.
*It's a hard transition when you previously live close to public transit. We are a true one car family; the car is gone and you can't take a train to get it. (That's today)

Speaking of which, got to run. Time to take the boys to the park. Having parks close is going to be a lifesaver!
(Note: I did not reread this. Forgive any typos.)

No comments:

Post a Comment