Thursday, August 29, 2013

Things I've Learned...Part 2

Round two of being in a new place:

*I love speed limits in small towns! Back on the country roads I can do 50mph compared to some ridiculously low number back where we lived before.
*Beware of railroad tracks in small towns! They might not be as smooth as where you used to live (I've learned that 50mph is great till you have to s-l-o-w down for the tracks).
*When you have no friends, family is king. We've had so much time together as a family since our move. It might be the change of my husband's schedule (benefit of an hour+ home earlier) or it might be we are in the open space more? And we were lent a bike trailer, so we'll be hitting those trails SOON!!
*For us, be patient with the house. It's hard to feel like we are really settling in when every room seems to have something that needs to be done. It may be as simple as unpacking a few more boxes or extreme as ripping out all the old shelving (pantry, master bedroom closet). I need to be okay with chugging through and also chilling out.

Some days are so good here and some days are hard. Trying to work through each. Excited for family to come this weekend and friends coming next week with their kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment