AM: What a strange morning in general for our Hufford family. We woke to an undressed, poopy boy. Lots of clean up to be done. Then, I almost burnt down the house with butter dripping all over the oven. At least the cinnamon rolls turned out really yummy. As I've said, Timothy has been more dry lately in his diapers. So, it wasn't a complete surprise when he sat but didn't go on the potty this morning. I spread the time to an hour (trying no timer today since I could keep track of taking him once an hour). And two times in a row, nothing. We gave lunch and at the two and half hour mark, he had an accident in the high chair. We only knew once we got him out of the chair. Oh well, we'll move on after lunch.
PM: Good afternoon! We even went out, nice even though it was only five minutes away. We were gone for almost three hours, and Timothy made it accident-free and went on the potty twice while out! Yay! I feel like I can actually leave our house. :) But I still might take a friend's experience and try plastic pants during these first couple weeks (especially when I'm traveling alone with Tim on an airplane!). :) Hehe.
So, I think we're going to keep on keeping on. He's been really receptive to it, and it's been great to only use two diapers a day. Let me know if you think of something I may not have mentioned. :)
Wow! Sounds like it's pretty successful so far - great job! I read in your other post that Timothy doesn't need rewards, but if that becomes the case... One trick that I picked up from a mom I nanny for was that if Matthew (her child) stayed dry for an allotted amount of time, then he got to go to the store and choose his own underwear to wear (he chose Thomas, of course:) Then, when he would have accidents, he would have to put on the solid color undies instead of the Thomas undies, until he could stay dry again for a while. It really motivated him, as he LOVED his Thomas undies! :)
ReplyDeleteI like that idea! Thanks!!
Delete