Highlights
*Summer - My boy has my southern roots in him; Cayden loves the heat. He is so content just hanging out in his diaper whether at the park or beach.*Chatter - "He's so social!" says his doctor at his 5wk appt. He is most responsive to his daddy, he can spot his voice whenever he walks into the room. Those grins seem pretty darn real to us! And the cooing and gurgling are priceless (yes, even the second time around).
*Sleep/Eating - Both things he enjoys doing. The sleep helps to make the transition for our family into four. It still gives me time to give full attention to Timothy (so important for both T and I; still trying to figure out how have good time management).
*Weight - At two weeks, CJ was at 8lbs 13oz. At his month (5wks) appt, he weighed in at 11lbs 3.5oz. (Tim was 10lbs 14oz at 4wks.) I'm thankful for the encouragement from our doctor and as a nursing mom.
*Strength - Since day 1, he's been trying to hold his head up. And if he pushes his feet just right, he can get over to his side. It's not like we're trying to make him do these things, he just does them. (I think he was working on his muscles in the womb.)
Challenges
*How do you keep up with all the laundry? I wonder sometimes why I even put him in clothes. He's a pro at spitting up on them (yes, he's a spitter like Tim) or blowing out of his diaper (yes, the joys of newborns!).
*How do you keep up with the household stuff? We've been so so blessed with meals from church family almost every other day for the past five weeks. So, how can I still not find the time to do dishes or sweep or all those other little, basic things.
*Priorities? What should be a priority? Or having to choose to let one cry while you help the other. Boo to that.
What a joyful first month. So glad that I'm not pregnant any more.
*Priorities? What should be a priority? Or having to choose to let one cry while you help the other. Boo to that.
What a joyful first month. So glad that I'm not pregnant any more.
Day 1 head holding
Swaddles
Brothers (his shirt says 'Little Brother')
First Bath
June 25th


No comments:
Post a Comment