Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My Gift

(idea for this from "My Gift")


"Behold, children are a gift from the Lord." - Psalm 127:3

I am thankful for your musical heart. You request to listen to music. You sing along in the car. You pick up the guitar and strum like a rock star. And when friends come to visit, you put on a show. You even sing gently to your brother as he tries to go to sleep for naps. You get both of these from your mom and dad (mostly him) and I pray God continues to develop this love. 

I am thankful for your love. Just recently you called out to your friend "Finley!" and ran and hugged him. Everyday as daddy leave you request more hugs from him. At nap time, you cry if you don't get more hugs and kisses. Brother occasionally gets smothered with your kisses. :) 

I am thankful for your inquisitive mind. You search to find out how things work. You open and close sliding doors or turn the ACs on and off. You "play" with your computer and "work" when we visit daddy by pushing the buttons. You love to buckle the highchair, car seat (yours and brothers), the swing. You get this mind from your daddy and I hope you never loose it. 

I am thankful that you are cautious yet adventurous. You have lately asked for help at the playgroup because you say you are scared. You want to make sure that you are secure before attempting something. That security makes you really good at the things that you try. Just recently you tried your balance bike and love it! And you love running everywhere.

I am thankful for your laughter. The bang of a box, the silly sounds/words we make up, tickles, and a miriade of other things make you burst into laughter. We can tell when you are over tired when you start laughing at everything. And like many boys, you laugh at toots. 

Most of all, I'm thankful God gave me you for a son. I'm thankful that while you were unexpected, that God had so much in store for us through your life. I'm thankful for how you teach me to play more and enjoy each day. I'm thankful for how you teach me that the day must go on even when there are rough patches. I'm thankful for the love I never knew I could have for you. I'm thankful for you and the wonderful gift you are.

1 comment: