Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Cayden - Two Months

Cayden is two months! (And bit more as I write this) He is such a happy baby. We named him a name that means 'heart of a warrior' and I think we should have named him something that means 'cheerful' or 'joyful.' :) Because he is such a content baby. That's not to say that he doesn't ever cry - he does. Just means to say that he just seems to be loving life.

He loves reading books and is getting better and better at tummy time!















Some of my favorite moments surround sleep: (1) The stretch once being picked up when their bodies are all crunched up, (2) The fussing and then cooing and smiling when he hears my voice, and (3) The pattern of bringing his hands up to his face once he's in his sleepsack and given his passy. (Note: Somewhere around 7/8 weeks, we were struggling to keep him swaddled and gave into the sleepsack - things seem to be going well for day and night time sleep.)

Enjoying Baby Wearing

Cayden loves music, especially the music played by his brother. His first laugh came while Timothy was playing 'Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.' He has since laughed for both Eric and I, but what a special treat that his first laugh was for his brother. 

 The personality is coming...instead of patiently waiting to eat like earlier weeks, we wants to eat very shortly after waking. And this is when we hear those strong lungs if hunger is not met. And he begins to fuss when he's ready to go back down to sleep. Seems to be a baby of patterns.


 And I still get spit up on plenty, like after I had just taken a shower the other morning, but it seems to be cooling down; maybe age is helping him. Although, baby group friends can attest to the many times Timothy spit up after eating sweet potatoes and everything came out orange. (Sorry to those who'd just rather that information be left out...)



There is plenty of love for two! It's hard to imagine loving all the little moments/milestones again, but as I've said before, I'm quite smitten. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment