Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Nursing Cover Review

This is for other mamas who have wondered which nursing covers work and which...well, don't cover. :) For reference, I am 5'7" and have a longer torso.

1. Udder Covers
          Pros: 
               *Many times there are promo codes to get one of these and only pay shipping
               *Good boning to see your baby while nursing
               *I like most of the fabric options
               *Site offers gift sets with reusable pads
         Cons:
               *I've always had trouble with the strap (for around the neck) slipping
               *It's not wide enough. Part of my body always shows: pull it one way, my belly shows; cover my belly, I'm exposed.

2. Bebe Au Lait (
          Pros:
               *Beautiful fabric options
               *Pretty good coverage. To help with coverage, you can iron these which extends the fabric a little more.
               *Pocket under cover to put a burp cloth or nursing pads ("soft terry cloth pockets"): This is a genius feature in my option!!
               *Videos on the site and can buy these in stores
          Cons: 
               *(many not be a con to all) $35 cost plus $2.89
               *Another one that I've struggled with the strap
               *The boning is just not as good after a wash in my experience

3. Handmade Cover (by me): Nursing Cover Tutorial
          Pros:
              *Think Custom! Everything the way you want it to be
             *I customized the fabric so that it would have enough fabric no matter which way it was pulled
              *Choosing a fabric I love!
              *Simple tutorial (it was only my third thing to ever sew)
              *Potentially the cheapest option
          Cons: 
              *Pick good boning, mine still isn't working
              *I've come to realize the straps are the worst! It needs a button or snap, just something other that the "D-rings"
              *Too long in the front; makes it look like a dress :)
             

(I feel like I need to add one more, just can't think of it right now)

No comments:

Post a Comment